Friday 12 February 2016

Declaring his Interest for kilgoris MP 2017, OIBOO MORINTAT calls for Inclusive Leadership

A Call for Inclusive Leadership/Uongozi kwa Wote

My friends, I salute you-

I have been a Member of KCW since its inception.

I became a member KCW by virtue of being a son of KCW. More importantly, I am a member of KCW because I share in the teams core principle- Courage. Throughout history, men of courage have conquered kingdoms and empires or prospered kingdoms and empires.

KCWs chief object is to unite KCW and select 1 candidate to vie for the parliamentary seat.

I am humbled by your overwhelming vote of confidence in me. Your vote of confidence in me is an affirmation of your belief in the talent that we are so very much well endowed with in KCW. It's a vote of confidence in our youth, our future generations and in our foresight.

As a candidate proposed for vetting, I limited my interactions within the group and only occasionally made interjectory comments. I am aware that like me, my brothers and sisters who had been proposed as candidates, had also assumed spectator positions in almost everyday of debate. Because of this, TCW courage has not made sufficient progress in executing its mandate. We have shared too much but have so little to show for it.

I am here to remind KCW that, here, it's business unusual.

This is an unusual statement. I want us to embrace leadership that unites, inspires, encourages and promotes the ideals and aspirations of its people.

And this is why I want to unreservedly and unequivocally confirm to KCW that I am offering my candidature for the position of MP-Kilgoris. I am committed to your scrutiny and vetting.

My presence on this stage is unusual and against many odds. I am not the most experienced candidate, neither am I the wealthiest. I am not many things a traditional favorite should be. Am not the oldest. I am the unlikely candidate. But one thing I know, like the proverbial dark horse, is that am a sure instrument and agent of change.

In my few years in this world, I have dedicated myself to serving my community. At 25 I served under a council of 30 elders mediating on a peaceful resolution of the Shartuka Group Ranch conflict. In 2011/12, I led legal petitions against IEBC on behalf of the people of KCW following the unjust delimitation of wards. In 2013, I represented more than 10 nominated MCAs -including daughters- Sialo, Lucy, Rahab, in a precedent setting legal suits against their nomination.  Today, I am proud of the work our nominated MCAs do. I am glad I made my small contribution. Currently, on a pro bono basis, I am representing the residence of Kapune Location in a suit that seeks to transfer Kapune Sub Location to Trans Mara East. And everyday in my life, I ask not what my community can give, but rather what I can do for my community.

I am committed to work with all stakeholders to create jobs for the youth and to support entrepreneurs, uplifting the poor, bettering infrastructure - roads, education standards, peace and harmony etc

I, like my peers, could have opted to pursue excellence in the corporate world, and which by all standards have been on the first lane, but I undertake as demonstrated by modest contribution to the society, to dedicate my skills and efforts, together with you to lay strong building blocks for development for the current and future generations.

This is the start of a constituency wide dialogue, but as they say, charity begins at home. That's why I am engaging you first. I shall continue the conversation first with the people of KCW and with the people of Kilgoris. Through this dialogue and conversation, I intend to build consensus among our leadership and people.

I salute men and women of our community who have made contributions in different spheres of life (social, cultural and economic). I seek to further their aspirations and noble intentions for this great community.

I hereby also offer a gesture of mutual cooperation and understanding to my brothers and sister who have been proposed alongside me.  I harbor no differences with any of them. While I know none of them has asked me for my support, I want to ask them--all of them
to throw their weight behind my candidature -- for the benefit and interest of the community. I want to work with all candidates to deliver this seat to KCW.

My learned Senior Sunkuli, my brothers Simon and Seitai, my brothers Nangeya Steve, Joel, Wilson, Kelele and my good sister Janet, the Iron Lady of Kilgoris, I ask you of your support. I am reaching out to you not because I am the best; but because I know we can achieve the best working together.

From East to West, North to South and the land in between, the winds of change are blowing.

In KCW, let the winds of change blow, not because we must change but because change is inevitable and beckoning.

Let us embrace the winds of change and harness it for the benefit of our people.

With the winds of change with us, we herald a new beginning for our people.

Winds of change that will inspire the young,and sooth the old.
That will constantly remind us to leave KCW better than we found  it.

Let the winds of change blow. Let us all move to an all inclusive leadership. I am ready to work with all irrespective of all the barriers of age, gender, clan and/or tribe.

Long live Kilgoris. Long live KCW.

Thank you

1 comment:

  1. You don't write nawadays @Saningo....., you used to report very well! Lately naona statements tu

    ReplyDelete